top of page
Built in 1900 by James and Lottie Quick after success in a variety of businesses in early Gaylord. The house has only had four families actually inhabit the home – three of those families also had a medical office inside the home.
The Quick's built the house but the Saunders family deserve much of the credit for preservation. Not only did the Dr. William Saunders and his wife Helen occupy the property for 78 years. Their 1950 remodel essentially preserved the property by covering the roof and siding with a transite product (think early form of cementous siding and shingles).
Originally dubbed the Quick/Saunders House, the National Register had us refer to the period of significance (1905) for the naming of the house.
bottom of page